Cruise with friends and experience offshore sailing in the Atlantic. ARC DelMarVa is the perfect opportunity to expand your horizons and gain experience sailing overnight and in the ocean, in the company of friends and with an experienced support staff not far away. The event is unique in the WCC portfolio, as it’s locally focused and organized from WCC USA’s home base in Annapolis by experienced Chesapeake Bay sailors, with the support of the local marine industry.
Sail 450 nautical miles under the full moon from Annapolis to Annapolis, counter-clockwise around the DelMarVa Peninsula over the course of a week. The rally is divided into three legs, each with their own distinct pleasures and challenges, and with stopovers en route to explore the area, meet friends and unwind with a party or two.
After the start off Annapolis, Leg 1 has yachts sailing the 130 miles overnight down the Bay to Portsmouth, VA, following the same route as the annual Great Chesapeake Bay Schooner Race. The start is timed so that most yachts will arrive in daylight to navigate the busy channels of Hampton Roads. Leg 2 heads offshore, for the 150-mile jaunt into the Atlantic. After another stop along the Delaware Bay, Leg 3 sees yachts home again via the C&D Canal to Annapolis to complete the circle.
Before you even get to the start, we help with your preparations by providing a comprehensive Rally Handbook and regular newsletters, and we’re here to help you find crew and answer your questions by phone or email.
From Time of Registration:
● Discount at Fawcett Boat Supply in Annapolis, from the day you register until the start of the rally
● ARC DelMarVa Rally Handbook and confirmation pack (including special offers)
● ARC DelMarVa flag
● ARC DelMarVa Newsletter (4 during build up to event) – advice about participation/equipment
● Discounted chart and pilot book order service
● Attendance to a full-day seminar on April 29, 2017, on offshore sailing and DelMarVa route planning and navigation. *This seminar is mandatory for at least 2 crew members
In Annapolis, pre-start:
● Welcome Pack
● ARC DelMarVa number banner (if required by organizers)
● Captains’ Briefing (including weather information)
● Farewell party
During the Rally:
● Float plan filed with USCG
● Radio net (run between the boats)
● Daily weather forecast
● Tracking of yacht positions, including loan of a satellite tracker
● Display of positions on ARC DelMarVa event website
In Portsmouth at completion of Leg 1
● Dinner in historic downtown Portsmouth
● Special pricing on dockage and services
● Captain's Briefing before Leg 2 start
On Delware Bay at completion of Leg 2:
● Welcome party
● Captain’s Briefing for C&D Canal and Leg 3
In Annapolis, after Leg 3
● Welcome on arrival
● ARC DelMarVa awards ceremony
Search Boat Logs..
Meritage - Log entry 3: Cape May!
We survived our Ocean journey! The day started in Virginia and ended in New Jersey! Thats pretty cool for a bay sailor like me. Highlights include:1. Motoring out of Portsmouth with a surface submarine (and his armed patrol boat escort) beside read more...
Meritage - Log entry 3: Meritage
We completed leg 1! 150 nautical miles feom Annapolis MD to Portsmouth VA in exactly 24 hours. Lots of exciting firsts for me and the crew!At the end of the last blog, I was going to get some rest before my first nightwatch...I knew that falling read more...